12 March 2013

Zoe Lem's Vintage Fair

On Sunday 28th October I had a stand at Zoe Lem's Vintage Wedding Fair. Ok, I know... that was ages ago! We are now in March and I am finally talking about something that happened months ago, but oh well! 

It was held at the Old Sessions House, Clerkenwell, London. It was a great day and met loads of interesting people. I had my mum and sister-in-law helping me and we all glammed up with fascinators.

I put a lot of effort into my stand after being disappointed with my earlier efforts at a fair in February 2012. I produced some Art Deco inspired cards (below) to hand out to people, complete with a diamanté crystal glued on by hand. Read more about my preparations for the vintage fair here.


The Old Sessions House


Here's how my stand turned out! Woo hoo!




A closer look at my handmade light sign.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road)

Me in my vintage dress (was my great grandmother's!) and fascinator looking the part.

My mum, Ellen, with my brother's girlfriend, Jo lent me a hand.
Don't they look fab too!

Here is a hand knitted angel posing on my stand. She's a bit cheeky
and may have had a few mulled wines! It was made by my mum
and are for sale if anyone wants to buy some.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road) 

The grand lady herself, Zoe Lem, speaking about dress shapes.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road) 

Lipstick and Curls did the make up and hair for the catwalk models.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road) 

Federica Bruno couture dress designer and now does some bridal jewellery too.
She featured on my blog in November 2012 – read more here.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road) 
Urban Flower.
(Photo by Rhapsody Road)


And soon Zoe Lem proudly presents the fifth Zoe Lem’s Vintage Wedding Fair, a cabaret style theme for a spectacular day of wedding planning. It will be housed for the first time in the iconic Art Deco venue, Bloomsbury Ballroom on Sunday 14th April 2013. See you there!